TerraLook permits users to create their own collections of georeferenced JPEG satellite images. TerraLook images allow for visual interpretation and comparison without the need for complicated software. While user-friendly software has been developed for TerraLook to help use the imagery, any program capable of opening JPEGs can be used. The georeferenced TerraLook collections are compatible with most GIS and Web mapping applications. All TerraLook data and software is available at no cost.
Main Features :
- Image find, roam, and zoom
- Image annotation (adding text, arrows, etc,)
- Image enhancement
- View, edit, and create vector files
- Distance and area measurement
- Image mosaicking
- Multi-lingual support (currently English, Spanish and French)
- Image comparison using 'flicker'
- Multi-band dataset support (many formats)
- 3-D viewing capability